Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dr. Phil, you violated Ms. Spears' rights under HIPAA


For a man who calls himself Dr., (He has a Doctorate in psychology, so yes he is a real Dr. academically), he doesn’t seem to know the first thing about HIPAA, the federal law also know as the Heath Insurance Portability and Accountability Act passed into law in 1996 which clearly states that you can not go around revealing PHI or Personal Health Information without a release from the patient. We have all signed this document when visiting a real Doctor for the first time. Since Dr. Phil has license to diagnosis illness, in this case, the mental health of one Brittney Spears, it is completely inappropriate and illegal and subject to sanctions. What ever those penalties are, they should be applied by the patient herself and possibly her family who consulted with him. No matter what anyone thinks of Ms. Spears, Dr. Phil has no right to release PHI on anyone to any media without consent to do so. Simple fact, Dr. Phil has gotten too big for his britches. I never fell for his method of popular psychology. Seems he and Brittney have more in common than I might have imagined. She produces pop and so does he.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.