Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Some people make me feel like I should read some more.



This R&R is my response, as uneducated as it might be regarding an opinion from Stanley Fish of the NYTimes titled:
Integrity or Craft: The Leadership Question, Here is the website address -

http://fish.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/integrity-or-craft-the-leadership-question/?em&ex=1197522000&en=1d1e3ac51fc5e5bc&ei=5087%0A

Man do I feel ignorant! I am so happy to have stumbled upon this article and discussion.
Let me get this straight, please…I am against abortion but do not want to forge laws preventing it for various reasons that are sound and principled; what does that make me? Do I have integrity because I maintain my position against it to any one but do nothing legislatively to prevent it? If that is the case, integrity is the lest of a persons qualifications to serve in office. No? Those who genuinely demonstrate integrity wham it matters are those who would throw their bodies on a grenade to save their buddies or fellow civilians. What good will integrity beget them? A metal at their funeral.

A person who says they will do this or that because they believe that this is the way to lead a people and does that, that is whom I want to lead. Better yet, one who inspires people to take responsibilities for their very lives is who I want. A pretty speech isn’t good enough though. I want an orchestra conductor, so we all play in tune and in synch.
Let us effect the changes necessary. For this populace to rely on elected leaders is lazy, unengaged and imprudent. WE ALL KNOW we have been unable to trust our leaders as of late, we all complain about it. Let the people take back the government in a peaceful fashion. Raised voices in unison will grab the ear of those we elected to be in power. We are the ones in power and we have forgotten that.

Until the day comes that we as a people are more concerned with what is going on in all of our lives and not just our life will we ever see the light of day in assuring progress in this United States of America. United we stand, divided we bow down. Postures of supplication must end. We are a people not sheep. It is time we heard our own voices.
As much as we want a G-d to call down from on high to guide us, we also want a strong person to bring us into tune with one another so we can sing the praises of our humanity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.