Friday, November 30, 2007

Grin and bear it? Radical Islam fails again.



http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200711/ap_on_re_af/sudan_british_teacher
The appalling depth of hyperactive religious fanaticism will never fail to amaze me. Here, children of Islam named a cute toy the name of their religious hero and the radical element punishes the teacher for this which teaches the children what? There is no fun in Islamic training. There is no tolerance within Islam, a fundamental tenant of nearly all religions. I am afraid I must conclude or at least theorize that these radical Islamists have no clue to what living is all about; they latch onto the only thing they know which is Koran-and they got that way wrong-and duty to religion. If they only were enlightened enough to realize there is no god, religion is a mistake promulgated out of ignorance and lack of knowledge about the physical world and continued into perpetuity out of silly human habit, then how stupid would they feel knowing they lived a lie then punishedfalsely and killed for a mistaken belief? I believe I would kill myself to satisfy my guilt and stupidity.
You all can believe what you want. I see no reason to get so damn uptight about any sort of challenge to what others think esp. with regard to the opium that is religion. We ALL want a utopian world; sorry but religion will NEVER be the yellow brick road to that paradise. Which makes me think that The Wonderful Wizard of Oz may be a dramatic critique of religion and belief in god. I shall research this more and report back. Think about it. Here, Dorothy and her clan were looking for the man with all the answers and what do they find? The man behind the curtain pulling levers and creating a false representation. In the end, wishing for something will get you where you want to go. Then again there may be a flaw in that analysis. Then again , it was all a dream...Hummm...

No comments: